These kabobs are such a fun and tasty summer meal. They do require a bit of prep work. You have to cut up all of the ingredients and have them ready to put on the skewers at the same time. It’s worth it though. I made these last labor day and they turned out pretty great. I think I needed to soak my skewers a bit longer so they wouldn’t have burned but it didn’t really matter.
Ingredients: (No measurements, just use as much as needed depending on how many people you’re feeding.)
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- Chicken breast
- Olive Oil
- Wooden Skewers
1. If you’re using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least thirty minutes before using to prevent them from burning.
2. Make a delicious peach-pepper sauce: Place 1 roasted pepper, some olive oil, and four large peach slices in the jar of a blender, and puree until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Let your chicken marinate in the sauce for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or so in the refrigerator to absorb the flavor.
3. Slice your peaches, pineapple, peppers, and onions in somewhat evenly sized pieces so they fit together nicely on the skewer.
4. Heat a grill or a grill pan over medium heat. Skewer the chicken, alternating it with peaches, pineapple, onions, and peppers.
5. Grill kabobs, rotating as needed, until chicken is cooked through and everything is nicely browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately with remaining peach-pepper sauce on the side or on top. Enjoy!
♥♥ Xoxo Gabriella